Re: Dash repair kits

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dash repair kits
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 11 Apr 97 11:27:40
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
ART KELLY wrote:

>>Does anyone have any experience with vinyl repair kits similar to the ones
which Eastwood and other companies sell.  The vinyl covered handle under the
glove box door on my TR4 has a hairline split.  The new replacement handles
which I have seen  do not match as far as grain and texture go.<<

Art ...

For a couple places on my Spitfire dash trim pads, I used a heat repair kit I
got from a local auto parts store (for $10).  It worked pretty well.  The
repairs are still visible, but much less so.  The kits give you what are
basically some fillers and glues, which you color to match, and then heat cure
an imprint on top to match your grain.  They give you a variety of graining
sheets, and you choose the one that looks best.

My advice is to practice a couple of repairs, if possible, before you do the
one you really care about.

--
Martin Secrest