Brake Master

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake Master
From: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 10:44:46 -0500 (CDT)
First of all, thanks for all the help with the front calipers.  I decided
to go ahead and split and rebuild them.  I didn't have any trouble
finding an O-ring to repair them, but after a lot of thought (the
cylinders and pistons were pretty bad) I opted for a rebuilt set from
TRF.  So I'll never know how the rebuild would have held.

I also rebuilt the Master Cylinder because it didn't look nearly as bad.
But now with the whole system together, I can feel the pedal sloooooooly
fading while sitting still.  :-(  The kit didn't hold.

My question for the vast wisdom of this group:  does a place like Apple
Hydraulics re-sleeve master cylinders and do they hold well, or should I
just bite the bullet and spring for a new unit from one of the big
three?  I haven't checked to see if they sell rebuilt units, but I would
assume they would work as well?

We've had a week of temps below freezing, so my spring fever is in
remission, but I want to get this thing back on the road SOOOON!

TIA

Michael, St. Louis, U.S.A., Earth