Lucas Sport Coil

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lucas Sport Coil
From: "Rodney Trout" <troutster@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 08:49:09 PDT
Stu Bollen writes in responce to my running the sport coil through
the ballist resistor:

        "I have been running the Sport Coil for four years on my TR6, but I
     wired 12 volts directly to it. If you use the regular connector you are
     putting 8v into a 12v coil, so I think you don;t get the full power."

Thanks Stu, I'll look into this setup a bit more closely. I have no data about
the sport coil because I didn't put it in the car. The sport coil has a white
cap whereas
the origional is black, I think. Meanwhile I will look for other markings.
All input welcome.

Rodney Trout
72 Stag
78 Spitfire