Re: TR-6 seats

To: naffy@netins.net (Return requested), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested), DANMAS@aol.com (Return requested)
Subject: Re: TR-6 seats
From: Peter Mchugh <Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 03 Apr 1997 15:02:14 -0500
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; 04E5C33440CC66F2-MTAdot1]
X400-originator: Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov
X400-received: by mta MTAdot1 in /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 03 Apr 1997 15:02:14 -0500
X400-received: by /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 03 Apr 1997 15:02:14 -0500
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <04E5C33440CC66F2*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=gov+dot/o=faa/s=Mchugh/g=Peter/@MHS>

     Though I haven't tried TR-6 seats, I wish I had had the below listed
     advice before I started doing GT-6 seats...I got great kits from
     England (marginal instructions) which included about 1000 pieces of
     different shaped/textured foam and tubing, and neat seat covers...in
     five pieces for each seat.

     Now the GT-6 seat is unique...but after gluing foam and lint to my
     fingers for about three hours, holding flat foam pieces in the
     required shape so that I could end glue them into complex curves, and
     after trying hard to pull the fabric around the curves of the
     seats...I share the advice below!  GET A PROFESSIONAL TO DO THE
     ASSEMBLY.  Your wife (or significant other) will appreciate the better
     disposition that decision will produce, your hands and fingers will
     look less wherewolfish, and you'll probably have better quality seats.

     The several hundred hours I have devoted to just the seats could have
     been spent contemplating the bodywork progress in the company of a
     beer (or real ale, I suppose)...

     I just noticed...uhmmmm????  the fabric seems to be pulling away from
     the foam and the foam from the steel tubing on the driver seat...is
     the spray glue holding.....?  Aaaaargh!

     PMcQ

     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6