TR-6 seats

To: naffy@netins.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 seats
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 13:19:01 -0500 (EST)
Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Gary Nafziger wrote:

<< Has anyone re-done seats on their own with the kits from TRF or Moss?  Is
<< this something within the skills of an average joe?

Gary:

Both Moss and VB say it is an easy task, requiring only a few hand tools and
a couple of afternoons. Charles Runyon of TRF, says it can be done at home,
but it is not an easy task. Listen to Charles. I used a TRF kit to do the
interior on my own '71, and it was a bear.

As Berry Kercheval said:

<< When you cover the sides of the seat abck, be SURE to draw the cover UP
far
<< enough.  No, that's not good enough--FARTHER.  I wound up with gaps at the
base of the headrest that noone ever notices unless I point them out, but
still...

I did everything myself, but I gave up and took them to a pro to do just what
Berry said. I was afraid that I would tear them if I tried it. I could never
get the gap to go away completly. It cost me $60 to get it done.

Unless you just have to do it yourself, or feel the kits are the only way to
maintain originality, I would go with the advice given by Larry Zink, and
have a pro do it. There are too many things on your car that you can do
yourself and enjoy to fool with seats.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN