Re: (Fwd) Timing Chain Tensioner Blues

To: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com>
Subject: Re: (Fwd) Timing Chain Tensioner Blues
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 00:49:29 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff S. Hapke wrote:

> That would be for a 1974 TR6
>
> --- Forwarded mail from "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com>
>
> Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:42:35 -0600
> From: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Timing Chain Tensioner Blues
>
> Hey,
> Does anyone have a source for a Timing Chain tensioner? I've checked all of
>the
> obvious sources. I have one on back order w/ Dick Burger. Still waiting for a
> response from Rimmer.
> Do you guys replace these with the chain, what I mean is, can I reuse the old
> one? It really doesn't look too bad....
> I sure have a bad case of spring fever, and I'm ready to do anything to get
>the
> TR back on the road.
>
> ---End of forwarded mail from "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com>

Jeff,
  I don't know how much will interchange between a GT6 and TR6 engine,
but the GT6 and Spitfire 1500 TC tensioners are the same.  So, if the
GT6 and TR6 engines use the same, it would be a safe bet that the TR6
could use the tensioner from a Spit 1500.  Vicky Brit has them all day,
part # 1-843.  Don't have a current price.

Hope this helps!

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://member.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant - FM66513UO
62? Vitesse/Sports 6 convertible - HB5635LCV
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!) - 1FAPP38U1NK150073