Re: (Fwd) Timing Chain Tensioner Blues

Subject: Re: (Fwd) Timing Chain Tensioner Blues
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egilk@sn.no>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 06:00:52 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Jeff S. Hapke wrote:

> That would be for a 1974 TR6
> Does anyone have a source for a Timing Chain tensioner?

They should be readily available in the UK, AFAIK. Part no 145866 at GBP
3.62 from Rimmers, for instance.

> Do you guys replace these with the chain, what I mean is, can I reuse the old
> one? It really doesn't look too bad....

If there is only slight wear visible, and you had to wait an extra
fortnight to get it, I would have reused the old. But thats me.

Egil
--
Email: egilk@sn.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway