Re: 1500 Engine To Be Or Not To Be?

To: Mark Gehlhausen <Gehl@sphinx.crane.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: 1500 Engine To Be Or Not To Be?
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@dalton.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 12:36:05 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mark Gehlhausen wrote:

> How about the Spitfire 1500 engine?  Worthy of rebuilding or
> replacing with the 1300?  Goals:  reliability, parts availability,
> maintainability, etc....  Thanks.  Mark

Mark,
  I feel the 1500 engine is a great engine.  Great torque across the
entire range.  I would definately rebuild it.  My 1500 has been
extremely reliable, parts availibilty excellent, easily maintained.  If
it weren't for the fact that a GT6+ engine is going into the Spit, it
would still be there.  For the time being, when the Vitesse gets painted
and put back together, I may put the Spit 1500 engine in it.

Hope this helps.

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://named.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant
6? Vitesse convertible
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!)