Re: kill switch/turn signals

To: DANMAS@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: kill switch/turn signals
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 07:33:44 -0500 "kill switch/turn signals" (Feb 3, 1:57pm)
Cc: kentop@ix.netcom.com, clayts@vegasnet.net
> Subject: kill switch/turn signals
> Ken Bertschy asked for a kill switch:
>
> Very easy, Ken. Just buy a simple on-off switch, rated 6 amps or better.
> connect one side of the switch to the negative terminal of the coil, and the
> other side to ground. To ease your concerns about damage, just remember, the
> points in the distributer switch the neg terminal to ground, on & off, as the
> motor runs. All you are doing is to effectively keep the points closed. Since
> most thieves are aware of the kill switch, I recommend hiding the wires under
> the hood as much as you can.

[Turn Signal question deleted.]
>-- End of excerpt from DANMAS@aol.com

Why send it to ground? An easier method is to just open the wire. I have
done this with a simple switch. All I have done is to disconnect the
negative side and connect it to a wire running to the switch. The other
side of the switch goes back to the coil.

Besides, in the words of a former Talk-Radio auto show host, "Anyone
who steals a British car deserves what they get." (For the humor
impaired: ;))

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net