Re: Puerquito Oinked !! (Spit Fired!)

To: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Subject: Re: Puerquito Oinked !! (Spit Fired!)
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 14:15:37 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, Oehrle@lsil.com, Bschwart@pacbell.net, meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
On Sat, 28 Sep 1996 SCHWANGAU@aol.com wrote:

> The muffler job was a dissapointment.  Not that the workmanship was off.
>  They are real craftsmen, there at Lightening.  But the car is to darn quiet!
>

> I had them install a pipe from the header back under the center of the frame
> where it zigs sharp left and then a 180 connecting to a 15" glass pack
> directly under the boot, and then a 90 degree bend to a short chome tail pipe
> near the right side bumper.  But the thing sounds like a Q45.  Where did I go
> wrong!  What's power without noise?  Aren't I violating the basic rules I
> learned in physics:  Locomotion is the cumulative result of excessive heat,
> noise, and vibration?  Isn't that what a Spitfire is supposed to be all
> about?  I feel emasculated.  Am I on a slippery slope?  Is there a Miata in
> my future?   Helppppp.......

Brian, go back and demand that they install a cutout! :-)

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *