Should I sell my TR6?

To: all <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Should I sell my TR6?
From: John Bertsche <103136.3056@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 28 Sep 96 13:38:42 EDT
Hello all-

I'm thinking of selling my 1969  TR6, #CC28037. It's in what I'd call "various"
condition...

On the plus side: overdrive, rebushed suspension front and rear (rubber),
replaced U joints, diff mounting rubber, springs, steering column bushings, dual
downdraft Webers, really nice aftermarket seats, decent 205/70/15's, runs great,
comes with rough '69 parts car (rear apart, engine in passenger seat, rusty
everything).

On the minus side: crappy repaint (red over original BRG) no carpets or door
panels, wire wheels could stand being trued up, dash needs refinishing, some
rust in the usual places, lots of cosmetics needed, parts car would need to be
trucked to it's new home.

I've owned the car for ten years and used it only in the summer, and only about
five of the last ten (off and on, most recently on).I don't really even know
what would be a fair price, although I have an idea of what I would need to get.
Whenever I drive the car, I feel as though I'd want to own it forever, but the
reality of daily life rears it's ugly head more and more often these days.

I'm sure others of you have wrestled with this dilemma, and any input would be
appreciated, (although it's possible I'll be even more confused...)

                                                jb