RE: FW: Spit w/ V8 Motor

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: FW: Spit w/ V8 Motor
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 07:49:31 -0500
At 06:32 AM 9/24/96 -0500, Doug Mitchell wrote:
>If I were going to put a different engine in a Spit, I would lean
>towards the GT6 or TR6 engine, at least most of the engineering
>work is already done for you.

Around town here a few years back, the owner of Classic and Unique Vehicles,
dropped a Buick short-block V8 into a GT6 - he said the engine actually
weighed LESS than the GT6 engine, but did have to move the battery to the
trunk to get a little extra space. Said it ran REAL fast, but he had
problems stopping, so he got rid of it.... And he lives to tell the story.
Don't think I would try that in a Spit :-)

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top)
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine)
....not responsible for any of these changes...
....the DPO did it....hmmmm.....