SPITFIRE HARDTOP

To: hugh.mcaleer@hideout.com
Subject: SPITFIRE HARDTOP
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@fn.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 10:13:36 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hugh:

'65 or'67 Spitfire would work on my '70 Spitfire...

It is my understanding, in reviewing the original Triumph Spare Parts
Catalog, that the attachment method was modified slightly during
the span of production, but the overall shell/shape remained the
same.  According to the catalog:

                                                hardtop:

                                                fits:

                                                P/N 570023

                                up to comm. no. FD20,000 LHS

                        up to comm. no. FD13,980 RHS

                                                P/N 622743

                                from comm. no. FD20,000 LHS

                        from comm. no. FD13,980 RHS

                                         P/N 575435 or

will work for mk.I, II, or III
                                                           575620

It's unlikely that your friend with the hardtop will be able to
determine the part number.  So, the commission no. of his car becomes
the determining factor.

(note to triumph list subscribers:  please advise if you have
additional information to share regarding interchangeability of
hardtops for '64 through '70 Spitfires.)

Hope the above info helps.  By the way, I have still not heard from
your friend, but I know how that goes, especially since he is in the
process of moving.

Thanks for your assistance!