RE: Re: Boy is My Face Red...

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Re: Boy is My Face Red...
From: PiJay@t-online.de (Peter Juergens)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 96 16:30 +0100
Nickbk@aol.com wrote:

> Please forgive me, I am most chagrined. You have found me out. The truth is,
> that I have never owned a Spitfire, and assumed that it had a rubber
> hydraulic clutch hose, like its big brothers. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea
> Culpa. Can we still be friends ?

Ken wrote:

Which big brothers are you talking about?
TR6s used a metal hydraulic clutch line, not rubber.
I don't know that any Triumphs used a rubber clutch hose.
Gosh, even the Herald had a metal hydraulic clutch line!
Are you sure you didn't drive an MG in a prior life?!? :-) :-)

Oh, and to answer your question, of course we can be friends, even if
we find that you thought that the MGC was the best car in the world for
twenty years!

By the way, the rest of the places you indicated looking for possibly
play in the mechanical linkages for poor clutch play are all applicable
to Triumphs in general, and are excellent possibilities when trying
to diagnose a marginal clutch.

--ken
'74 TR6 Daily Driver

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |

I´m so f.. sorry Ken, but I must help Nick a little bit:  :-}

 TR2 > TR4 are bigger, heavier and have most of the some cc more than spits.
And!! they do have a rubber line to the slave cylinder, nearly 10" long.
Additionally, TR4A > TR6 have a flexible line too, made from nylon.

<<<<<<
Bye, bye

Peter Juergens
Germany