Re:Re: Boy is My Face Red...

To: rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu, streeter@sanders.com, Nickbk@aol.com
Subject: Re:Re: Boy is My Face Red...
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 17:34:09 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 96-09-10 17:13:16 EDT, rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu (R
John Lye) writes:

>Ummm, you might want to look again yourself!  All the big TR's
>I've ever seen (and I own a couple myself) have a rubber (or
>braided) hose as part of the clutch hydraulics.

John

The older big TR's (TR3's and TR4's) all had a braded rubber hose (aka brake
hose) but the TR6's (starting on or before 1971 at least) used a PVC flex
line which ran from the inner fender to the slave cylinder.  This was a bold
move considering the confidence the public had in plastic in the late 60's to
early 70's.  I'll bet later model Spitfires use the same thing.

And not only that, They used a similar line for the oil pressure gauge!

Though you'd like to know (enquiring motorheads want to know)

Dave in St. Louis
TR6Massey@aol.com

PS say "hi" to Val for Linda and me.