Vibration

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Vibration
From: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@pcsi.cirrus.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 11:12:46 -0700
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8413417441alinkens@farnborough>
Thanks for all the replies to previous questions.
I need some technical help with a vibration problem on my 2.5S Estate. The
engine and drivetrain is not dissimilar to those of other Triumph cars so I
wonder if anyone has experienced something like the following!
Recently the car was in a front end smash that damaged front panels and
radiator only. Since then, the panels having been repaired etc, I've noticed a
vibration that seems to travel through the whole car and steering wheel when
stationary that wasn't there before. Strangely, it's not so evident when
driving
After the accident I replaced the engine and gearbox mounts (latter had broken)
but still the vibration is there. Could it be something more simple related to
say the engine misfiring or the carbs being jolted out of balance or is there
another mounting that I've missed that has broken?? I replaced the transverse
mounting on the gearbox.
Oh by the way I noticed that two adjacent blades on the cooling fan had snapped
after gorging out the cores of the old radiator. Would this cause the engine to
be out of balance?
Any replies would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Andy