TR250 Alternator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR250 Alternator
From: ckent@ids.net
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 22:34:28 -0500
        After taking my TR250 out for the first drive the yester day I
noticed a problem with the charging system.  The car wouldnt start so I put
a fresh battery in. 20 mi down the road I had to push start it .  Looking
at the alt. a little closer today I noitced that one of the wires isnt
connected to anything. Ther is a big plug with three wires: One brownand
yellow, One big brown, and one small brown.  The small brown is the one not
connected to anything.  It has been cut by  a previous owner and has tape
on the end.
        The wiring diagram in the haynes man says there should be brown
stiped wires coming out. Are mine faded?  I cant see any color other than
brown on them.
        Could thsi be the reason my batery doesnt seem to be charging?
        Wher does this wire go?

TIA
chris