Re: Portland All-British

To: dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca (David Williams), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Portland All-British
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 17:16:02 -0700
At 12:34 PM 8/15/96 -0800, David Williams wrote:
>I'm still hoping to see some detail on the above...I'm particularly
>interested in the swap meet.

The swap meet is on Sunday

>So far, I have been able to discern that some Friday night event will take
>place at the Red Lion at the Lloyd Centre

Its a coktail party.  I went in '87 but didn't bother in later years

 and that the swap meet will be at
>PIR, which I assume to be the Portland International Raceway

yes

 (after an
>eyeball-numbing inspection of some recent Portland maps and guidebooks)
>
>Does anyone have an address (e-mail, snail mail, whatever) for someone in
>some post of responsibility for this event??

Registration Information 503-452-9918

  I'd like to book a
>hotel/motel/campsite in the Portland area for some portion of the
>event...any recommendations?..

Best Western at the Medows 503-286-9600
Delta Inn 503-289-1800
There is camping on the field fri eve, & Sat night. You can set up camp
late Fri afternoon.  The camping goup is 98% Land Rover people.

..or are all the scions in Portlands chasing
>the Ducks out of the rose gardens at this time of year?

Sat is the actual field meet where cars are placed on the field.  The local
Land Rover dealer gives prople rides on the off road course, and there is a
way too expensive banquet where you listen to endless Jag awards being
given out.

Sun is the swap meet, there is a cars for sale area. Autocross, and other
car driving activities.  Its perty much over by about 2 ish Sunday.

>David J. R. Williams
>TS 12287L
>CF 18015
>CF 20725