Re: Low Gauge Readings.

To: Tomstory <tomstory@slip.net>
Subject: Re: Low Gauge Readings.
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 15:27:03 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Tomstory wrote:

> Both gauges read about 1/3 too low, but when I bypass the stablilizer they
> seem to read fine. The car is a MkII Spitfire, with an Alternator
> conversion (negative ground, if this helps). I've tried three different
> stablilizers with no change in the readings.

I probably missed a portion of the prior thread, but are you certain the
gauges are original?  Just wondering if they had been swapped out from a
later model or make, which didn't require 10 volts.  Maybe it's worth
removing the temp gauge, say, and checking for a voltage rating or a part
number.  The other question I have is how you're sure they're reading 1/3
low--are you checking engine temp with a thermometer again what the gauge
is reading, or what?  Or filling the tank and seeing 2/3 full on the
gauge?
--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....