Re: "eau de Castrol"....

To: "Jon Moody (BME)" <mood@rad.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: "eau de Castrol"....
From: Jamie Palmer <jamiep@cris.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 09:51:20 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jon Moody (BME) wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> After I have been driving in my car I smell like I've been working on a
> pit crew.  This is not a problem if I`m just driving it for fun, but soon
> (hopefully!) I will be working and I really want to use my car as my daily
> driver.  I guess I could just say its my aftershave but I dont think that
> will go over too well in an office environment!  Do other LBC's do the same
> thing?  What can I do to fix this?  Thanks.
>
> Jon Moody '73TR6

Jon...

First, stop any visible oil leaks, or at least slow down the torrent.
Secondly, pull
the car into a well lighted area, open the hood, and look under the dash for
any light
that you see.  When you find the 8-100 holes around old grommets, etc. you can
either
buy new grommets and feed them over the wires, fill the gaps with silicone
sealer, or
wonder how in the world you weren't getting gassed enough that you passed out.

A prime source for fumes is oil dripping on the exhaust somewhere, and it
coming through
the tranny tunnel.  Check boots and edge seals.

Give those a shot and let us know...

Jamie