Re: Misc. GT6 parts questions

To: bruceh@cellerity.com
Subject: Re: Misc. GT6 parts questions
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 15:39:19 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> Any opinions on the Coverlay dash top repair cover that TRF offers?  Am I
> better off trying to find a good, used crash pad?  How scarce are good,
> used ones, i.e., no splits or cigarette burn marks?

  I put a Coverlay on my Spit and it looks really good.  It's only noticable
if you're looking for it, but if you are looking you can tell it's there.
Not a solution for a show car, but otherwise I'd recommend it.

> Molded vs. Standard carpet sets...big price difference...is it worth it? My
> guess is that the molded variety is available in black only due to limited
> demand. Does anyone know of any sources for brown or tan molded carpets?

  I bought standard carpet sets to recarpet my Spit, and it was a pain in
the butt getting it to rest correctly over the transmission tunnel.  Now
this was at least in part due to my inexperience, but I'm going to go with a
molded set when I recarpet my MG. (oops, did I say a bad word?)

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation
                                        '74 MGB, '76 Spit