re: Misc. GT6 parts questions

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: re: Misc. GT6 parts questions
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 14:05:35 -0500

>Before I try and take advantage of TRF's 20% off, Spring fix-up sale, I
>thought I'd throw out a few questions and solicit some opinions.
>
>Does anyone know of a source for polyurethane suspension bushings for a
>MkIII, roto-flex GT6? I'm looking for the front inner wishbone bushings,
>front sway bar (1 in. dia.), rear inner wishbone, rear raduis arm, and the
>rear spring eye bushings.

I have a 1-inch sway bar I'd gladly swap for a stock one...

>Any opinions on the Coverlay dash top repair cover that TRF offers?  Am I
>better off trying to find a good, used crash pad?  How scarce are good,
>used ones, i.e., no splits or cigarette burn marks?

The Coverlay is very good. Installed properly it looks like the real thing,
but is harder and tougher. I'd say your odds of finding a nice original
crash pad are very slim...

>Molded vs. Standard carpet sets...big price difference...is it worth it? My
>guess is that the molded variety is available in black only due to limited
>demand. Does anyone know of any sources for brown or tan molded carpets?

Nope, I'm too cheap.

>Has anyone ever replaced the rear hatch glass seal? How difficult is it? Is
>this something I should let an auto-glass shop do?

I keep threatening to do that, but haven't yet...

>Thanks in advance for any advice and opinions.
>
>bkh
>71 GT6

Good luck!

Larry