Re: Misc. GT6 parts questions

To: bruceh@cellerity.com
Subject: Re: Misc. GT6 parts questions
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Wed, 29 May 96 13:39:16 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Before I try and take advantage of TRF's 20% off, Spring fix-up sale, I
>thought I'd throw out a few questions and solicit some opinions.
>
>Any opinions on the Coverlay dash top repair cover that TRF offers?  Am I
>better off trying to find a good, used crash pad?  How scarce are good,
>used ones, i.e., no splits or cigarette burn marks>
>Has anyone ever replaced the rear hatch glass seal? How difficult is it? Is
>this something I should let an auto-glass shop do?
>

>bkh
>71 GT6

Bruce,
 On the sale from TRF. I personally would rather deal with Dick Burger at
British Parts Connection. e-mail add. BRITISHPARTS@delphi.com
 He can save you closer to 30% everyday.
 On the bushings, you've already got one good reply, I concur.
 On the dash.
 Wow, finding a good used one is pretty much out of question.
 I peeled all the vynil of of two and replaced it. One is light blue, the
other is black. Not good as new, better.
 Carpet kits>
 I wouldn't waste money on any of them. You would be better off buying
the carpet of your choice at a more local supplier and either install it
yourself (not that hard) or pay an upholstery shop to install it. The
wquality of carpets that most of our usual suppliers offer is quite inferior.
 The rear window seal.
 Do it just like the windshield.
 Install the gasket on the glass, wrap a cord like clothes line rope into
the groove on the back of the seal. Lay the glass and seal lon the frame
and with the ends of the cord, pull the rubber lip over the edge of the
frame. Use a little dishwashing liquid soap to lubricate if necessary.
 The only hint for the rear glass is to be sure it is lined up on the
frame because once it's in, the only way to straighten it is to rtemove
the glass again.
Hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Tony