General O/D question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: General O/D question
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 11:20:04 +0100
All this overdrive talk has got me wondering. Back in the good ol' days we
modified a Volvo overdrive to work in 2nd,3rd and 4th gears by a simple
modification to the springs. This, coupled to a close-ratio 'box, gave our
rally car a 7-speed gearbox that had a gear for any situation. Anyone know
if this can be done on the Triumph overdrives? Perhaps the overdrives are
the same (as I recall we preferred the O/D from a P1800).

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951