Bad Vendor Experience

To: rtr@tsquare.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bad Vendor Experience
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 13:58:44 -0400
All-

I have had a bad experience with J&P Custom Plating in Portland, Indiana. I
hope all of you will learn from my bad experience and STAY AWAY from J&P.

A brief synopsis: I sent the steering wheel from my 1974 TR6 to them last
December to be buffed out and restored (with pre payment of $94) . It was
returned to me COD $94. April 10th. All they had done was to chrome (and a
poor chrome job too) my TR6's wheel (improper for a TR6) . I sent it back to
them to be redone, they asked that I borrow a steering wheel from someone
else and send it to them with my wheel so they could see what it should look
like! I told them that I didn't know anyone that would agree to that. They
returned the wheel to me  on May 10th with another COD of $94. I refused it.
I called them on several occations and asked to speak to the owner. He is
NEVER available. On May 16th the wheel arrived again COD $15. I figured I
should cut my losses, pay the $15 and be done with J&P. Their work is 3rd
rate. They don't return phone calls. I am sure that there are custom plating
shops that do a good job and appreciate doing business with the hobby.

I hope that no one else will be taken by J&P. They advertise in Hemmings and
Old Car Weekly, usually full page ads.

Ken Nachman
Richmond Triumph Register