TR-6 paint question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-6 paint question
From: <ssutton@ban.CHINALAKE.NAVY.MIL> (Steve Sutton)
Date: Wed, 8 May 96 22:37:00 PDT
Since I don't have ready access to another TR-6 I am wondering exactly where
the black paint on the back of Tr-6 went; mine was painted body color when
the PO repainted it.  Does it go from the trunk-lid lip down to the 'curve'
just below the rear tail-lights,about even with the top of the rear bumper,
or below it, or .....?  My available reference material does not have many
'rear-view' photo's of the car.

Also, was the black paint 'flat' or 'gloss' or something in-between?  Is
there a possible paint-code for this, as I have been unable to locate it in
any Dupont or PPG paint guide.

Thanks,

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6