Re: TR6 Susp.

To: gurban@gl.umbc.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 Susp.
From: Kdoc111@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 09:11:55 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dear Greg:

For my '71 TR6 I replaced the front bushings with polyurethane pieces from
TRF (level 2 sales), new upper ball joints, Koni shocks, stock springs.
 Addco poly-bushed roll-bar & stock springs.  Trunions were ok, repacked the
bearings.

For the rear I used HD rubber bushings from TRF, though they were a bitch to
get in the arms.  Rebuilt shocks & new links, and an Addco rear bar kit.
 Springs are the post '72 stock units from Moss, whatever that means.
 U-joints were replaced as needed.  (Any "red" around the caps and they were
replaced.)

After doing this work I had the car properly aligned at a good shop.  This
must be done.  Final result:  A squeek & rattle free suspension with greatly
improved ride versus the worn pieces.  The improvement makes the car a lot
nicer to drive, even w/o the heavy roll-bars.

Best of luck,
K.O'Connor