Re: TR6 Susp.

To: Kdoc111@aol.com, gurban@gl.umbc.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 Susp.
From: Hctcbob@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 19:50:58 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'm a big proponenet of upgrading the suspension bushings. I bought all my
poly bushings from British Parts Northwest. (503-864-2001).  TRF didn't carry
these parts back then. The poly used to come in red/orange, but it now comes
in black for those purists out there. I've got poly on everything, including
the differential mounts (which took all the play out). I had to buy shock
mounting bushes at a local speed shop.The trailing arm bushes went in like a
dream come true. Since they don't flex as much (or perish) like the rubber,
they don't have to be forced in. The hard rubber bushes are probably just as
good, for a time, but not worth the extra effort. The only downside is that
these bigger bushes started to squeak after the synthetic grease I used on
them wore out. Of course you can't hear it while your driving, just when you
push down on the fender.I've got the original  springs (from '73) and stock
front sway bar. Works great with  my 7" Shelby rims & 225-60's. Also, don't
forget the steering rack mount bushes.