Re: Disk brake noise

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Disk brake noise
From: Bruce Harding <Bruce_Harding@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 95 07:28:00 PDT
Text item:

Does the noise occur when the brakes are applied or do the squeak when
the brakes are not applied?  You can stop the squeak when they aren't
applied by putting some never-seize between the caliper piston and the
back of the brake pads.  My TR6 rears (drum) make noise when I apply
them.  I take the drum off and clean all the brake dust off and it
goes away for a few hundred miles.

Bruce_Harding@ccm.hf.intel.com
57 TR3
75 TR6
66 TR2000
70 Austim Mini Cooper S

>Has anyone found a way to at least semi-control the noise of the disk
>brakes on a TR3.  All the parts are there, but at time I get stares
>from people on the sidewalk !  (No, its not because I drive there.)

>Can the pads be relined with a different material which will decrease
>or eliminate the noise ?

>Paul g. Wiegman
>Pittsburgh, PA

Text item: External Message Header