Re: TR3/4 Brake restrictor valves

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3/4 Brake restrictor valves
From: mjm@art.ca.boeing.com (Jerry McDonald)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 07:17:15 -0700 "TR3/4 Brake restrictor valves" (Aug 22, 2:35pm)
> Subject: TR3/4 Brake restrictor valves
> I'm just in the process of giving the brakes on my TR4 an overhaul.
> I've refurbished the calipers and fitted new hoses. My next step will
> be fitting new pipes, and seals to the wheel cylinders. I've collected
> all the parts I need together apart from a "restrictor valve"; nobody
> has any in stock and there don't seem to be plans to remanufacure them.
> So my query is has anyone had the same problem and what can be done to
> fix them?
>
> I'm not really sure I could tell if it isn't working properly is there
> any way of telling, what happens when they fail? I have been told that
> some people remove them altogether, is this wise? What effect does it
> have?
        <snip about Paul's cars condition>
> Paul.
>-- End of excerpt from Paul Thompson

I'm also interested in any info about the restrictor valve as my brakes
lock up after the car sits for a couple days. I believed it was the hoses
but after cutting one open I did not notice any swelling or restriction in
the hoses.

--
Jerry McDonald: mjm@bobo.ca.boeing.com (work)
                jmac@nwrain.com (home)

"Religion and science are opposed...but only in the same sense as
that in which my thumb and forefinger are opposed--and between the
two, one can grasp everything."  Sir William Bragg