Re: VBL, TRF, Moss, & Others

To: Killjoy@aol.com
Subject: Re: VBL, TRF, Moss, & Others
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 08:09:17 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 11 Jul 1995 Killjoy@aol.com wrote:

> I think we've all been approaching an unspoken limit that I didn't want to
> mention.

        Michael and all,

        I've just GOT to add my tuppence to this fray... I'll begin by
        saying I'm an unabashed TRF supporter. I've been so for years. I
        feel that they've been in my corner for parts, advice and support
        since I dragged the TR4 hulk that was to become the "Green Man"
        home behind the family Volkswagen.TRF would always take time for
        my question, whether it resulted in an order or not. They have often
        sent out parts prior to receiving the check... They trust me.
        THAT'S more than I get from Moss or BV.

        To be honest the recent tendency of back ordering parts that
        should be in regular stock bothers me. And I let them know it.
        If I NEED a part and the lack of it will keep me off the road,
        I've just GOT to add my tuppence to this fray... I'll begin by
        I'll check with other suppliers after checking with TRF. I'll
        choose VB last of all. They've managed to screw up nearly every
        order I've sent them over the past years. Wrong items were sent
        orders delayed even after a "rush" was specified AND paid for. I
        don't think their staff is as helpful or knowledgeable as those
        who work for the TRF. Of course YMMV...

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois