British tele humor (no lbc content)

Subject: British tele humor (no lbc content)
From: "Riggs, R. (Kevin)" <rkriggs@hsv28.pcmail.ingr.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 95 16:32:00 CDT
Encoding: 31 TEXT
Sorry for the lack of lbc content.  Hit delete if you're easily offended or
dislike chatter.

This was passed to me through many hands and have no idea of the source.
 Perhaps our British members can comment on the veracity...

Here's a story that my friend swears he saw on a British TV interview.

It seems that a Pole who had participated in the Battle of Britain
was being interviewed about his exploits, but his command of the English
language wouldn't quite get him a job at the BBC.  Anyway, he
was explaining his story, and the conversation went something like this:

Flyer: We were flying a tight formation when all of a sudden these
German fokkers were everywhere. They had come at us from high out of
the sun, and the fokkers were everywhere!

Interviewer: I should let the viewers know at this point that a Fokker
was a type of German fighter plane.

Flyer: That may be, but these fokkers were Messerschmitts!

Flames to:

Kevin Riggs
'72 TR6
rkriggs@ingr.com