Re: Anyone ever relace a wire wheel?

To: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Anyone ever relace a wire wheel?
From: Killjoy@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 1995 11:10:00 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Either way I'd learn how hard it is, and know whats the best solution in the
>future.  Then the guy at BWW disuaded me.  Told me is was more of an art and
>that it takes the "professionals" who work for him a hundred wheels or so to
>get the hang of it.
>
>So . . . is this BS or not?  It really doesn't look that terribly hard if
you
>are starting from scratch.  I know nothing is as easy as it seems, but I
just
>gotta know.
>
>Any Net wisdom?
>
>Scott Tilton
>Being foolish in Richmond again

Try it with a bicycle rim first.  I've restored a few balloon-tire bicycles
from the '50s before coming home to a Triumph, and believe me, it is NOT at
all easy, even with plenty of practice.  It may even be a little more
difficult than a bicycle's rims because your car's spokes won't flex like a
bike's.

Best of luck if you do try it.

Michael Turley
Killjoy@aol.com