Re: Getting my hood open.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Getting my hood open.
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 14:06:38 -0400
>Last Saturday I pushed the TR into the garage to begin my project,
>but I could not get the hood open. No matter how hard I pull on the
>cable latch it would not open.

Does the cable appear to move, but the hood just not pop up? I recently had
the same problem with my TR6 - after working fine for the two weeks I've had
the car, I suddenly couldn't open the hood. (Oddly enough, I had just
finished oiling some of the parts, too. That should teach me! <g>) I found
that if I pried away at the hood with my fingers (there was enough gap there)
while pulling on the hood release I got it to work. I also found that pushing
the front of the hood towards the driver's side also seemed to help. Since
then the problem's been found (I think) - it seems that one of the bolts holdi
ng the hood latch to the hood is stripped. I'm hoping the welded nut isn't as
well.  :(

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com