Getting my hood open.

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Getting my hood open.
From: "Ronald Grant" <GRANTR@skynet3.csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 07:36:39 PST8PDT
Hey Out There,

I got on the list about four weeks ago in preparation for a major
first time undertaking for me.  I'm going to try my hand at restoring my
1971 TR6, which I have had since July 1971.  I blew the engine in
1988 (the second engine), and it has been sitting in my side yard with a cover
over it since that time.  I bought a 1972 used engine three
years ago to install in it when I got around to it, and now I've
gotten around to it.

Last Saturday I pushed the TR into the garage to begin my project,
but I could not get the hood open. No matter how hard I pull on the
cable latch it would not open.  I've been going out to my garage
every evening after I get home from work and pulling on that bloody hood
cable latch and it won't budge.  I think the hood latch itself has rusted
and frozen.  It's not a kink in the cable, the latch never worked
great, but the latch was working when I blew the engine in 88.

Is there an easy way to get to hood latch?  Has anybody had this or a
simular problem?

Ronald