TR6 questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 questions
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 15:54:58 -0400
Thanks to all who responded to my questions!

>First congrats to you! As to the oil pressure question, I think
>50 lbs is quite acceptable for the miles on the odo. More import-
>antly would be the pressure at idle It shouldn't get below about
>20 lbs.

I think I've seen it down to 25-30 lbs at idle, but I believe that's as
low as I've seen it. I'll watch it closely! <g>

>To find out if you have overdrive, I'd advise you to drive the car
>and hit the OD switch. If nothing happens (and you WILL notice a
>difference) either:

Nothing happens when I toggle the switch. In fact, I need to tighten
things up as the switch keeps falling over and gets confused with the
turn signal lever. <g>

>The other option is to look under the car. The transmission
>on a non OD tranny tapers from the "gearbox" to where it is
>bolted to the drive shaft.

That's the info I was looking for - thanks! I couldn't really tell from
the shop drawings how everything looks bolted together. The drawings
and pictures I've seen always show the OD unit separate from the rest
of the tranny.

But that brings up another question (of course!). If I were to add an
OD unit can I keep using the same tranny and driveshaft? It seems to me
that the OD would extend the length of the tranny which would then
require a shorter tranny to use the same driveshaft, or a shorter
driveshaft. (See how confused I am? <g> I still can't visualize how the
bloody things are supposed to look all bolted together!)

>"That's not a leak... My car is just marking its territory!"

I just hope my bike and car don't start competing for territory! <g>

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com
          '83 R80RT