TR6 questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 questions
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 12:06:27 -0400
I've finally satisfied a life-long dream and recently purchased a 1972
TR6 with 71K miles on it. Got it home and after less than 24 hours I
became very intimate with its hydraulic clutch! <g> But in general the
car seems to be in very good shape - not completely original, but the
body and frame appear to be very sound. My short period of ownership
has raised a few questions, though.

First, I changed the engine oil and filter (the latter was...
interesting...), and put in 10W40. I've noticed that, when cold, I get
around 90+ lbs of oil pressure (if the Lucas gauge is to be believed).
That seems high to me, but as the engine warms the pressure drops quite
a bit, probably down to 50 lbs or so at around 2500 RPM after about 30
minutes of driving. Does all of this sound normal?

Second, how can I tell if I actually have Overdrive on the beastie? The
previous owner said it didn't, yet it has the appropriate badge on its
backside, steering column switch, and engine compartment relay.

Third, is a stainless-steel exhaust worth putting on it? I've been told
that some stainless-steel may not mate well with mild steel, and may
cause significant corrosion. (To the mild steel, I presume.)

Thanks for any comments / suggestions!

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com