TR6 questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 questions
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 15:55:05 -0400
>Also, keep checking to see if the oil isn't gunked-up.

I didn't notice anything when I changed the oil. The old stuff just
looked typically dirty. Definitely not gunked up.

>The previous owner may have dropped a non-OD trans in there if
>something had gone wrong, accounting for the outward signs.

I think that's what probably happened somewhere along the line. There
are enough other signs pointing to a car of mixed lineage! <g>

>But, now is the time to grovel for parts for my mess.
>Just asking to see if you might have come across such a thing in your
>search.

<Embarassed grin> I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I bought the first
TR I looked at. (The car looked so solid I really didn't want to pass
it up! I know, I know... I should have looked at more anyway. I also
had a bad case of the gimmee-wants! <g>) So I haven't come across any
local parts sources yet, although I've become very familiar with two or
three mail-order copmanies.. However, you might want to try looking in
a recent Hemmings. They seem to have just about anything!

>Otherwise, how are things in Rochester these days?

Things seem pretty good. I'm still trying to find my way around - I
moved here about 8 years ago from Cleveland. Definitely a nice area
around here, but I *hate* the politics and taxes!!

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com
          '83 R80RT