Re: [Spits] Recommendations: dash / body parts / welding

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, nass@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Spits] Recommendations: dash / body parts / welding
From: "Mike Vasquez" <mike.vasquez@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:59:20 -0700
Yes -- I don't know how I had gotten carb in my mind (except it was so
prevalent in the picture?)  but the note was that it appeared to be a Mk 2
Header and a Mk 1 Intake.  Stock carbs.  Sorry for the confusion.  Several
folks confirmed that as well, and ignored my carb misdirection. :-)

Just keepin' you guys on your toes, honest!

I've decided to hold off for a bit on welding, to see if the engine will
turn over and maybe even start.  That's always motiviation, right?  No
intention on driving it, just want to have an idea if it's frozen up or not,
and close to running.  I'd be disheartened to do all the body work to
finish, and then find out I'm on an engine hunt....

Following Bill's advice, going to get a container of gas, check the
electrical connections, hook a battery up, and cross my fingers.  (Oh, and
do an oil change/radiator check first).

Thanks,
Mike