Re: [Spits] Recommendations: dash / body parts / welding

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Recommendations: dash / body parts / welding
From: mark.jones@exxonmobil.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:06:52 -0400
Well, it's not the cheapest welder, but I have a Hobart 135, 120V, with gas
connections, and it worked great this past year welding in all the new
panels on my 80 Spitfire 1500.  The Hobart 135 has lots of voltage and wire
speed settings, something to look for on whatever welder you decide to
purchase.

One other thing: buy an autodarkening helmet.  This will help make you a
better welder.

Mark
Corunna, ON

From: "Mike Vasquez" <mike.vasquez@gmail.com>

3) Finally: I'm looking for affordable welding equipment to replace these
body parts.  I haven't welded before.  I'd like minimum equipment
recommendations that would do the job.  (I have access to free courses at
my
local community college if I can't figure it out myself...)

Thanks!

Mike
1964 Spitfire 4 (Mk 1) FC24119
http://www.MeantToBeDriven.com