Re: Spring Brakes

To: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@dccnet.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spring Brakes
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 18:55:36 -0500
Did you know that you can bleed the left rear wheel by yourself?  You can
sit in the driver's seat, pump the pedal, and work the bleeder valve with a
wrench in your left hand.  Try that in a Cadillac.

Seriously, a few years ago I installed Speed-Bleeders all around,
and every spring (or two) I do a full bleed-flush of the braking system,
which takes maybe 20 minutes.  Before starting, be sure to suck
out all the old, moisture-laden fluid from the reservoir and replace it
with fresh. A turkey baster comes in handy for this.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org