RE: Timing or Carbs?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Timing or Carbs?
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:08:57 +0100 (BST)
The butterflies may not be properly aligned in the carb - and not be
closing correctly. You might also have a stuck or broken valve on the
butterfly - if you have the emission type. I solved a similar problem by
getting butterfly that have no holes or valves in them.

Take the carbs off and take a look at the butterflies - you can adjust
them on the spindle - relax off the throttle screws, undo the screw on the
butterfly and flick them a couple of times - then do the screw up again.

The butterflies (if Ive got the name right) are the brass coloured valves
that are on the spindles.

James