Radiator hose problem

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator hose problem
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <terry@firespitter.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 06:06:37 -0800 (PST)
I spent sunday installing a non OE radiator in my
Spitfire, and came to the conclusion that I need a
special hose to make this thing work.
Specifically, I need a tight 90 deg. bend 1-3/4"
radiator hose.
Trak Auto used to have the coolant hoses where you
could browse and buy. Now that they've gone out of
business, the major parts suppliers (Schlep Boys,
Advanced Auto, NAPA) you have to go to the Parts
Counter and give them a make, model and year before
they will go look for it.
Does anyone know somewhere in MD/DC area that sells a
multitude of radiator hoses that can be browsed on a
rack?
Or if someone out there has an auto parts place that
still sells hoses off of the rack and is willing to
look for me and I'll pay for the item and shipping
plus something for your trouble? Just contact me
off-list.
I'd prefer to browse and buy myself, so that I can get
this done asap. As the car is obviously undrivable
without a hose. But any help or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.
-Terry