RE: Core plugs

To: <JohnZissler@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Core plugs
From: "Chris & Kelly Sharp" <chrislsharp@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:22:38 -0800
ISTR that you place the core plug in the opening convex out then strike them
with a ball peen hammer to cause them to expand into the hole in the block.
The finished result is either a flat or slightly concave core plug once it's
installed.

Installing them innitially concave out won't allow the plug to expand,
resulting in a loose fit that is more likely to leak.

Chris
64 Spitfire4 BFC26375L