Re: 1 carb too rich

To: "George P." <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>, dhl@chelseamsl.com,
Subject: Re: 1 carb too rich
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:26:04 -0800
The float/needle valve work just like the corresponding parts on a flush toilet,
trying to keep the liquid level constant.  The level of the fuel in the bowl
is the same as the level in the jet (when the engine is not running, of course),
and this happens to be about 1/4 or 1/2" below the top of the jet.

When the engine is running, the airflow through the carb sucks the fuel out
through the jet,
with the flow rate regulated by the position of the needle in the jet.  (Let's
not
get into the function of the piston and piston chamber yet...)

Doug