Re: Differential problem, cont. (was goldarndest thing)

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Differential problem, cont. (was goldarndest thing)
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:19:39 -0800
Looks like I might have to get "creative".  Turns out that the circlip I need
for my stub axle is no longer available.  I tried Spitbits and Victoria
British and struck out both places, and if they don't have it, I doubt anyone
else will.

This fifty cent part is available for later '68 Spitfire Mk3's and above, but
earlier Mk3's, Mk2's and Mk1's have a smaller diameter (3/4") axle shaft.  The
later ones have a beefier, 1" axle, for which replacement wire-type circlips
are still available.

Any suggestions?  I'd sure hate to have to replace my whole differential over
a fifty cent circlip!!!!

Take care,

Jeff in San Diego

1968 Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Back on the road 3/17/03... right back off six days later...
Visit the Totally Triumph Network
"Friendly and focused discussion of all things Triumph!"
www.TotallyTriumph.net