Re: Nose Height for late Spits

To: Daniel Parrott <parrotthead01@comcast.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nose Height for late Spits
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:17:20 -0500
I bought a new set of springs meant for a MKI-III. I believe, and someone
will correct me if I am wrong, that these springs were used on all European
market Spitfires, only the US got the longer ones. Cheap from any of the
major suppliers. Perfect fit, dropped the nose down where it belonged,
rides nicely. Air shocks won't lower a car, and cutting the springs will
make it ride like a buckboard. About 2" drop, I would say, my car sits dead
level fore and aft.

Kevin Rhodes

Question:  What's the best way to drop the nose down?  Air adjustable