Nose Height for late Spits

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Nose Height for late Spits
From: Daniel Parrott <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:27:17 -0500
I'm getting ready to make some further modifications to my 1980 Spit.  A
common impression from the car shows is that the nose rides high, in fact,
there is over two and a quarter inches of space between the top of the front
tires and the outside edge of the wheel well, when viewed from the side.  I
understand that this was done to get both the headlights and the bumpers
high enough to meet USA Fed standards.

Question:  What's the best way to drop the nose down?  Air adjustable
shocks, different front springs, or to cut the existing spring (or a
combination of two)?  How much should I drop it, a couple of inches?

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga