Re: HS4 accelerator cable

To: spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HS4 accelerator cable
From: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:57:43 -0600
Quoted from previous message:
"I had no problem using the US 1500 ZS cable on my SU's.  It doesn't
matter how far the cable sticks out beyond the sleeve.  Trim it if it
bothers you."

My problem is the cable already sticks too far out of the sleeve. If I adjust
the amount the cable sticks out to the extreme shortest (at the carb with the
threaded piece), I'd have to use up a significant part of the pedal travel to
start to actuate the linkage.

Quoted from previous message:
"So go to a GOOD performance bike shop and show them the old cable and those
folks will match it."

Am I correct in assuming a bike shop should be able to crimp on all of the
correct fittings?

Thanks for all of the help,
Chris