propshaft

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: propshaft
From: "Bóna, Péter, VF-Hungary"
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:27:43 +0100
Hi Listers,

This weekend I refited the propshaft and when I rechecked the correct
position I noticed that two of my original mk3 documents, the Mk3 Part
Catalogue and the Spitfire Mk3 Handbook had completely contradictory
position for the propshaft. According to the catalogue, the telescopic
end comes to gear box, but on one of the handbook pics (p.55) the
telescopic end situated at the differential. Finally I chosen the first,
because that is how it had been fitted earlier.
Does anyone knows why this difference is? Which one is good?

thanks

peter